Light routines are a great way to add some fun to your show.
Here are a few hints on performing a light routine….
• Check in advance if the lights can be turned off in your facility.
• Be sure to cover any windows or glass with black paper or tinfoil.
• You may want to have 2 sets of light sticks; a practice set 4” and a performing set 6”. Crack the light sticks just before the performance. This way they will be brightest for the show. If you are doing more than one show, you should have the dancers purchase multiple sets of light sticks.
• Be sure to have the dancers practice with the lights out.
• Dancers need to wear dark clothing, preferably black.
• Crack the light sticks two minutes before the dancers perform. Order a few extra sets in case any are defective.
• Assign a parent helper to open and crack light sticks. Make sure they have a scissors available to cut open the wrappers.
• Have someone hold the doors shut during the performance. Any light will ruin the effect. Request no flash photography.
• Ask that the audience stay in their seats for safety reasons.
• Have a flashlight available for the music person and announcer.
• Make sure to order a set of lights for you, for cuing up front.